The best project you will ever work on is yourself
Head of Advocacy and Support
The Head of Advocacy and support will lead a team of dedicated advocates, paid and volunteer, in providing mental health advocacy support and services to users and carers in Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland. This role will be instrumental in delivering high quality performance and generating new opportunities to develop advocacy and related mental health support services.
To succeed in this challenging role, you must:
- Have a first-rate understanding of health and social care legislation, and be an excellent negotiator who is committed to promoting people’s rights. A mental health advocacy qualification is essential.
- Have proven leadership qualities, preferably demonstrated by a track record at a comparable non-profit organisation.
- Have experience of strategic planning, tendering, change management and implementing business plans, with an ability to understand complex issues and deliver effective solutions.
- Be demonstrably committed to supporting the recovery and autonomy of service users and carers.
- Have proven ability to network, identify and form key partnerships at local and regional level.
- Have demonstrable experience of management and planning of budgets, implementing quality frameworks, controls and systems.
Your office will be at Lamp in Leicester. Regular travel will be necessary. Some evening and weekend working will be required.
Closing date: 8th April 2019 at 5pm
Interviews: 17th April 2019
Lamp 65 Regent Road Leicester LE1 6YF Tel: 0116 255 6286
For an application pack please email: email@example.com
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide day to day administrative support for Lamp’s accounts including maintaining SAGE accounts, maintaining ledgers and processing payroll.
- Work closely with the CEO to monitor income and expenditure and cash flow and update the organisation’s budget accordingly, as per financial management system in place.
- Provide monthly salary information to external payroll providers.
- Maintain accurate and up to date petty cash accounts
- Act as a point of contact between Lamp and its management accountants and auditors
- Produce financial reports as requested by management and Trustees
- Work with the CEO and Senior Management Team reporting to the Board of Trustees to set the annual budget.
- Liaise closely with the Fundraising and Grants function.
- Process VAT returns
- Maintenance of records in relation to Charity Commission and Companies House and other statutory and legal bodies
- To respond appropriately courteously, and efficiently to all suppliers, supporters, service users and carers who make contact with Lamp.
- To comply with Lamp’s policies and procedures
- To take responsibility for producing your own correspondence
- To apply good equal opportunities, practice in all your dealings, in line with Lamp’s Equal Opportunities policy
- To undertake other duties as required by the CEO to ensure the smooth running of Lamp.
- To take responsibility for your own health and safety and that of others in line with Lamp’s Health and Safety policy
Experience and Skills Required:
- 5 GCSE passes including Maths and English along with proven good verbal and numerical skills
- At least 2 years’ experience working within a finance function using SAGE is essential.
- Working within the charities sector would be desirable but not essential
- An individual who is committed to a part time career within finance.
Key Role Details:
Hours: This is a part time role. Lamp is keen to offer a flexible working package for the right candidate based on 20 hours a week. Lamp will require flexibility to fit around the business needs. Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays pro rata.
Starting Salary £21,000 per annum (pro rata)
The above description is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To request an application pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date Monday 1st April.
Interviews: 9th and 10th April
To find out more about this position, please download the full job description by clicking the downloadable file below.
Ask for help
It’s available. And there is hope