The best project you will ever work on is yourself
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide day to day administrative support for Lamp’s accounts including maintaining SAGE accounts, maintaining ledgers and processing payroll.
- Work closely with the CEO to monitor income and expenditure and cash flow and update the organisation’s budget accordingly, as per financial management system in place.
- Provide monthly salary information to external payroll providers.
- Maintain accurate and up to date petty cash accounts
- Act as a point of contact between Lamp and its management accountants and auditors
- Produce financial reports as requested by management and Trustees
- Work with the CEO and Senior Management Team reporting to the Board of Trustees to set the annual budget.
- Liaise closely with the Fundraising and Grants function.
- Process VAT returns
- Maintenance of records in relation to Charity Commission and Companies House and other statutory and legal bodies
- To respond appropriately courteously, and efficiently to all suppliers, supporters, service users and carers who make contact with Lamp.
- To comply with Lamp’s policies and procedures
- To take responsibility for producing your own correspondence
- To apply good equal opportunities, practice in all your dealings, in line with Lamp’s Equal Opportunities policy
- To undertake other duties as required by the CEO to ensure the smooth running of Lamp.
- To take responsibility for your own health and safety and that of others in line with Lamp’s Health and Safety policy
Experience and Skills Required:
- 5 GCSE passes including Maths and English along with proven good verbal and numerical skills
- At least 2 years’ experience working within a finance function using SAGE is essential.
- Working within the charities sector would be desirable but not essential
- An individual who is committed to a part time career within finance.
Key Role Details:
Hours: This is a part time role. Lamp is keen to offer a flexible working package for the right candidate based on 20 hours a week. Lamp will require flexibility to fit around the business needs. Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays pro rata.
Starting Salary £21,000 per annum (pro rata)
The above description is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To request an application pack please email email@example.com
Closing Date Monday 1st April.
Interviews: 9th and 10th April
To find out more about this position, please download the full job description by clicking the downloadable file below.
Overall Purpose of this Post:
Lamp is seeking to appoint an Office Administrator who will also offer administrative support to the management at Lamp.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and a highly organised administrator with excellent interpersonal and communication skills assisting in the day to day running of a busy office and provide administrative support to the teams.
They will have experience of managing databases and ideally some experience working within an HR function. Knowledge of GDPR regulations and compliance would also be a desirable. They will have the ability to manage and record personnel records.
They will possess the ability to think innovatively to solve problems and operate at a fast pace whilst ensuring meticulous accuracy.
This will be demonstrated by the ability to take initiative and work independently. A capability to manage changing priorities and work to deadlines is also desired.
With an essential minimum of 12 months prior experience in an information and/or administration role, the successful candidate will have strong IT, literacy and numeracy skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team and thrive in a busy office environment.
A knowledge of local third sector is desirable.
- To provide administrative support to the HR function of Lamp
- To provide metrics and statistics where requested on the information that Lamp provides to the public
- To support management of Lamp with general administrative duties
- To signpost callers to appropriate services and/or the Lamp Directory of services
- To support and underpin the staff team through the maintenance, upkeep and development of current administrative systems, processes and procedures.
- To coordinate site bookings and calendared events
- To support office functions and the charity’s interface with the public, including charity communications and publicity
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise projects
Summary of Job Tasks:
The Office Administrator is responsible for the following administrative duties:
- Greet visitors and direct them to the appropriate offices
- Conduct clerical duties, including filing, answering phone calls, responding to emails and preparing documents
- Schedule meetings and travel arrangements for senior members of the organisation
- Receive and distribute incoming mail
- Provide administrative support for team
- Data entry, document formatting; documents and presentations as required
- Provide HR support maintain personnel records, software and supporting LAMP’s compliance with employment law and record keeping
The Office Administrator may be requested to:
- Provide out of hours support to the fundraising team, time flexibility is essential
This is a part time role, 20 hours a week, with an annual salary of £17,290 (pro-rata).
To request an application pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date Monday 1st April.
Interviews: 10th and 11th April.
For a copy of this job advertisement, please download by clicking the button below.
Ask for help
It’s available. And there is hope