- Lamp’s mission is to navigate people through the complexities of mental health support and empower them to rebuild their lives.
The Lamp 5k
In 2021, we went around the world for mental health, 84,000KM and even won the ‘Community Impact Award’ at Furnley House
In 2022, we went to the moon for mental health, 384,000KM and partnered with the space centre to raise £16,000 for Lamp
In 2023, we are climbing mountains for mental health, to raise £29,000 for Lamp
Can you help us in 2023?
Take part in a challenge to support Lamp during Mental Health Awareness Week
One donation can now make twice the impact!
The Lamp 5k is part of the Big Give’s Kind²Mind national campaign which means that all donations made from 12pm on Monday 15 May to 12pm on Monday 22 May will be match-funded by the Big Give Champions.
This will enable Lamp to double funds raised from Lamp 5k donations and sponsorship, meaning that your money can support twice as many service users of Lamp’s mental health advocacy services.
All donations must be received at the Big Give website during the times above to qualify for match funding (donations received outside of these times will not qualify and will NOT be matched!). So please click on the link here or scan the QR code below to visit the Big Give donation page and help Lamp to make a real difference to the lives of people affected by mental health issues across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
Thank you so much for your support.
In 2023 we are climbing mountains for Mental Health
Overcome your own mental health mountain and support Lamp’s community mental health advocacy work
The Lamp 5k has always encouraged as many people as possible to do a 5k activity of their choice during Mental Health Awareness Week (15th – 21st May 2023) in a bid to promote the benefits of physical exercise on your mental health. Whether its a 1km a day run, a 5k walk, a 50KM bike ride, a 5k swim or maybe a 5k roll of any description, any challenge counts. Get involved today and conquer your own mountain.
It costs Lamp £750 to empower someone to rebuild their life after mental ill health. With ever more demand, we need your help. Join the Lamp5k campaign and make a difference to your local community.
- Let’s come together and climb mountains for mental health
To get involved is simple
Step One – Select Your Activity
- Decide on a mountain to climb, whether that be physical, virtual or metaphorical. With the emphasis of overcoming a challenge! Remember your challenge doesn’t need to be physical. A challenge may be learning a new skill.
- If you’re going for physical or virtual, check out some mountain ranges here: List of mountain ranges – Wikipedia
Step Two – Fundraise or Donate
- Start a fundraising page of your activity via JustGiving or Donate £5 for every 5k or challenge you conquer – Click here to donate or make your fundraising page
- Purchase the Lamp 5K t-shirt or hoodie with a donation of the purchase going directly to Lamp (would recommend ordering a size smaller than your usual fitting for the t-shirts!) –
- T-shirt – TFA & Lamp 5k 2023 (mountain green unisex t-shirt) | The Funk Academy
- Hoodie – TFA & Lamp 5k 2023 (mountain green unisex hoodie) | The Funk Academy
Step Three – Get everyone involved
- Join our Strava Lamp 5k Club log your distances with the community
- Get your household, family, colleagues and communities involved in your mountain! Share and promote the importance of overcoming challenges in aid of mental health. Don’t forget to tag Lamp and use those hashtags.
#Lamp5k #mentalhealth #lamp #staywellwithlamp
Step Four – Through the week we’d love for you to join our events.
- Friday 12th May – 5k Walk round Victoria Park – 10am – Just turn up! Remember your t-shirt
Monday 15th May 11am-2pm – Loughborough wellbeing Centre
- Monday 15th May From 6:30pm – Lamp Curry Night – 15th May – Lamp Advocacy
- Wednesday 17th May – 11am – 5k Walk round Braunstone Park 11am, followed by our Lamp Business Club meeting from 12pm at Winstanley House – Register Business Club – Lamp Advocacy
- Friday 19th May – 10am – Join us at Outdoor Pursuits Centre to take on some challenges! Climb, abseil or take on the aerial obstacle course, or just network and donate – Lamp 5k – Take on a challenge – Networking Event – Lamp Advocacy
- Saturday 20th May – 8:45am Victoria Park 5k Parkrun (Either Run, Walk or Volunteer) Get in touch to volunteer or take part
- Sunday 21st May – Partnership with UOcean – Leicester Canal Clean Up – Time TBC
Check out some of our fundraisers
- Join Karin on 23rd April and support her walk through Jordan – Karin Wardle is fundraising for Leicestershire Action for Mental Health Project (Lamp) (justgiving.com)
- Charity Challenges & Fundraising Events | Dream Challenges (dream-challenges.com)
- Join Greg, Pete and Dave on their A-Z ParkRun Challenge
- Join us at Vicotoria Park – Park Run, 9am Saturday 20th May
- Greg Hollingsworth is fundraising for Leicestershire Action for Mental Health Project (Lamp) (justgiving.com)
The difference exercise can make
Staying physically active can have positive effects on mental health. It can reduce stress, anxiety and other mental health issues, and increase self-esteem (Mental Health Foundation, 2020; NHS, 2019).
- Raising awareness of mental health on earth and up in space